Monday, May 6, 2013

I changed my mind

I had chosen my final topic to be about FDR and The New Deal, however, I realized the sources are not what I thought they were, and there is not as much information as I had originally thought. I have decided to change my topic to the Ku Klux Klan. I changed my topic to the KKK because it is still very interesting to me and there is also more information about it. Though I know some about it already, I know that there is much more to know and learn.

New Sentence: I would be the writing about the role of the Ku Klux Klan (KKK) and it's involvement against the Civil Rights Movement in the earlier part of the 20th century.

Research Question: What was the reasoning behind the KKK when they were so caught up on rebelling against the Civil Rights Movement? Who did they think they were helping?

Some things I already knew about the KKK is that they wore all white and rode around on horses and burned crosses and hated African Americans. I know that many rich white people were especially apt to be a part or a leader of the KKK. I know that they were extremists and saw their view as the only right way to do things. I know that they were responsible for violence and harsh treatment. I definitely already have a mindset that they were all bad people with bad reasoning. However, while working on this blog and paper I will get rid of bias and just try to understand why they felt so strongly about going against the Civil Rights Movement.
 

1 comment:

  1. Well, I think the process worked for you, in terms of helping you eliminate options. Just an FYI: newspaper accounts that originate in the time you are studying are considered primary sources. Good work!

    ReplyDelete